What is meant by PUBLIC POLICY? There are several common definitions.
- a broad statement regarded by the legislaure or by the courts as being of fundamental concern to the state and the whole of society.
- a set of action guidelines or rules that results from the actions or lack of actions of governmental entities.
- government response to public issues.
- actions which the government takes to address problems and issues raised in society and introduced through the political system.
- the framework and principles underlying government action.
- solutions to public problems.
- a reflection of public values we hold as a society.
Please click on the links below to read about some mental health public policy issues:
Geriatric Mental Health Act Passes (8/29/05)