Rehabilitation and Support Service Programs
· Gathering Place PROS – Day program focusing on Personalized Recovery Oriented Services, where adults with mental Illnesses actively participate in skill development toward employment, housing, education, wellness self-management and improving their health while working toward community integration.
· SOAR – Socialization and Recovery Program. SOAR is a “Clubhouse-like” program for recovery and social skills.
· Financial Management – Helping those living with Mental Illness regain their financial independence. Currently serving over 400 consumers monthly.
· Health Home Care Coordination – For at-risk adults: provides someone to help navigate the mental health system and link them to needed services and supports in the areas of health, financial entitlements, housing, educational and vocational needs.
· Medicaid Service Coordination – Assists adults with developmental disabilities to develop life goals, make informed choices and achieve self-reliance and community inclusion.
· Compeer Program – A volunteer program that matches consumers with volunteer mentors to work towards recovery.
· Adult Family Support – Weekly support groups for adult family members and friends of consumers living with mental illnesses. Private consultations are also available.
· Crisis Respite for Families – We provide an out of home residential stay for children in need of some time apart from their family. Families benefit from a short respite.
· Hospital Discharge Coordination - Coordinates all children’s psychiatric discharges from Nassau County Hospitals to ensure comprehensive community linkages and supports.
· Consumer Link – The peer services division of MHANC, through which trained and certified professionals having lived experience with mental health challenges provide non-clinical support, hope, systems advocacy, and crisis services.